Our Officers: Ed Markowski
A lifelong resident of Mays Landing, New Jersey – Ed is happily married to Lorraine Markowski, and has been for 47 years. The couple have two children and four grand children and tend to their farm when not busy fighting for sportsmen\’s rights in the Garden State. His interests include hunting, fishing, farming, wine making and cooking.
Ed’s Role With NJOA | President
As President, Ed leads the fight to protect hunting, fishing and trapping in the State of New Jersey by shepherding the various roles that this all-volunteer organization to effectively fight for pro-sportsman policy in Trenton. He leads the lobby efforts of the organization, crafting strategy to reach and educate legislators of the benefits of sportsmen to New Jersey’s public safety, forest and environmental health and to property owners as well as being a powerful voice in legislative committee with his mastery of environmental science.
Ed earned a Bachelor of Arts from Olivet College, Olivet Michigan with a major in biology and a minor in chemistry.
He also completed Masters Studies at Western State College, Gunnison Colorado, on the effects of a fluctuating reservoir on waterfowl populations.
- President of the New Jersey Federation of Sportsman’s Clubs 2006-2007 and 2007-2008.
- Vice President of the New Jersey State Federation of Sportsmen’s Clubs, Southern Region, 2009 to present.
- Trustee, New Jersey Outdoor Alliance 2007 to present.
- President of New Jersey Outdoor alliance Environmental Projects 2008 to present
- Fireman, Laureldale Volunteer Fire Company 1968 to 1976.
- Hamilton Township Assistant Soccer Coach
- Greater Egg Harbor Regional School Board Member, 1989 to 1998
Be the first to hear the latest news and how you can help our cause.
By sharing your contact information, you agree to receive periodic e-newsletters.
Your contribution keeps the New Jersey Outdoorsman Alliance strong!
Give to help preserve and protect the rights to hunt, fish and trap.
OTHER WAYS TO GET INVOLVED
We’re always looking for new volunteers and folks who can make calls to legislators.
Sign Up for Our Newsletter
Be the first to know about upcoming events, the latest news, and when you can help the NJOA.
Sign Up for Our E-Newsletter
NJOA-EP Environmental Projects
The NJOA-EP division is dedicated to improving environmental health on land and water. Learn more about NJOA-EP’s activities, initiatives, and impacts.